Summary: Work in pairs in the relay race to transport soda cans using pieces of spaghetti.
- Uncooked spaghetti
- Empty soda cans with tabs attached
- 2 tables
- Have participants pair up within assigned teams. Let everyone know you’re going to have a relay race
- Put the soda can on the table, with the tab up.
- Have one person in the pair put a piece of spaghetti in their mouth, and thread it through the tab of the soda.
- The other member of the pair should hold the other side of the spaghetti in their mouth. Together, they should carry the soda can to the other table.
- The other pair of the team should do the same thing to bring the can back to the original table.
- Continue until everyone has gone, or for a certain amount of time.
- What was the hardest part of the game?
- How do you work together/cooperate with your partner?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: Medium
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)