Summary: A fun and effective way to learn names!
- Have players sit in a circle. Tell them they are going to play a name game to help them get to know each other.
- Each player will say their name and they are going to a picnic. They should then say they are bringing a food that starts with the same letter as their first name. For example, the first player says, “My name is Tom, I’m going to a picnic and I’m bringing tamales.”
- Each successive player in the circle should introduce everyone who came before them in order, including their picnic food, before saying their own name and food.
- Continue until everyone has had a turn. The person going last will have the most difficult turn!
- Was that a good way to learn names?
- Did the foods help your memory?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: Low
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)