Summary: Everyone is following the leader and the guesser must find out who it is!
- Have the group sit on the floor and form a large circle. Explain that there will be a leader and a guesser.
- The guesser will leave the room while the group selects a leader. The leader will start a rhythm using their body. For example, clapping, slapping thighs, snapping, etc.
- The rest of the group must follow the leader’s pattern. When a pattern has been established the guesser will rejoin the group and attempt to guess who the leader is.
- The leader can change the pattern at anytime but should try to do it without the guesser noticing.
- Once the guesser finds the leader or runs out of guesses, then swap leaders and guessers and play again!
- For leaders, what was your strategy to change patterns without getting caught?
- For guessers, what was your strategy to find the leader?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: Low
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd
Group Size: Large (10+)