Summary: A team game where members keep balloons in the air that represent important areas of life.
- Prepare multi-colored balloons blown up in various sizes. The more balloons there are compared to players, the harder the game.
- Write common tasks or important aspects of student’s life on balloons (1 task per balloon). The larger balloons should represent more important tasks/aspects.
- Example tasks include homework, extracurricular activities, hanging out with friends, etc.
- Come to a consensus as to what the most important balloon is.
- Gather students into large circle and throw all the balloons into the air. The objective is to keep as many balloons in the air as possible. If a balloon hits the grounds, it’s out for the rest of the round.
- The game ends if the most important balloon touches the ground.
- Players must remain standing in the same spot for the whole game, so balloons must be strategically hit to where other players are standing. Try using rubber dots, carpet squares, or masking tape to mark where each player will stand.
- Is it hard to keep track of all of them? Which ones did you focus on more?
- How did you decide what the most important balloon was?
- How would you feel if you had to juggle all the balloons by yourself?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: High
Grade Level: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9), Small (2-4)