Summary: A game of charades, but one player must translate the actor’s movements and describe them to the rest of the players who are unable to see the actor themselves.
- Select one player in the group to be the actor. If you want, you can prepare a stack of cards for the actor to pick their charade.
- Select another player to be the “translator.” Their role will be to describe the actor’s movements to the rest of the group.
- Have all the other players turn their backs to the actor so that they can’t see their movements.
- The players must work together and try to guess what the actor is trying to act out.
- How did you work together to get to the answer?
- What was the most challenging part of the game? (working together vs. understanding the translator)
- Why is good communication important in this game?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Grade Level: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Energy Level: Medium
Group Size: Medium (5-9), Large (10+)