A game of charades, but one person will translate the actor’s movements and describe these to the rest of the students without mimicking the actions.
1. One actor can act out anything he or she likes.
2. All other students have their backs turned to the actor (they cannot see his or her actions)
3. One translator (who can see the actor’s actions) describes the actor’s actions to the other students
4. The students must work together and try to guess what the actor is trying to act out
1. How did you work together to get to the answer?
2. What was the most challenging part of the game (working together vs. understanding the translator)
3. Was it difficult for the translator to describe the actions without mimicking them?