Summary: Players stand in pairs with their arms linked. They have to sit down and stand up together without unlinking arms.
- Begin the game by separating the group into pairs. Make sure to pair players according to size. Have the pairs stand back to back and link arms.
- Have pairs attempt to sit down without unlinking their arms or crashing to the floor.
- Once pairs have managed to sit, have them attempt to stand back up.
- As pairs complete the task, have them join together and try again in groups of four.
- Continue to combine the groups until eventually all the participants are sitting and standing in one large circle.
- How did you and your partner work together to sit down and stand up?
- Would it be hard to do this if your partner did not work with you?
- Did the task become more difficult as the circle became larger? Did you come up with any strategies?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: Medium
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+), Pairs