Summary: Players must learn to strategize in order to get the most candy!
- Separate the group into teams of 3 to 5. Give each team a bowl of candy with double the pieces that there are players. For example, a group of 5 should receive a bowl with 10 pieces of candy.
- Explain that the object of the game is to get the most candy for yourself.
- The game works in rounds. When the facilitator says “Go!”, players can take as many pieces of candy as they want.
- At the end of each round (determined by the facilitator), the amount of candy left in the bowl is doubled (up to the original amount) before the next round begins.
- The game ends when all of the teams have no more candy left.
- Before beginning the game, make sure to explain the following rules:
- Players have to keep their hands to themselves. For example, players cannot attempt to take candy away from someone.
- There is no talking during the game.
- Players must wait until the end of the game to eat their candy.
- What is “cooperation”? Was cooperation important in this game?
- Was it a good idea to take all the candy for yourself?
- How did your actions in the game affect the other people in your group?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: Medium
Grade Level: 5th, 6th & Up
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)