Summary: Play music in the background and tell the kids they can dance! Pause the music in the middle and you can debrief while playing!
- Kid-friendly music, appropriate to the theme
- Choose a selection of songs that speak to the week’s theme. For example, find a song about reusing, reducing, and recycling if the theme is Our Planet.
- Find a space that can fit all of your kids.
- Play the music and dance away!
- Every so often, pause the music. Kids have to freeze in place and keep their pose. If anyone moves, then they’re out for the round.
- Keep playing and pausing until you have a winner.
- What is the song saying?
- How does it connect to this week’s theme?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)
Energy Level: Medium