The object of the game is to create a web that connects the entire group by passing the ball of yarn to each member of the circle, while expressing your feelings. Use string to physically demonstrate connections between different people.
1. Have the students sit in a circle.
2. Explain that they will be passing the ball of yarn around to create connections.
3. Tell them that they will be talking about feelings
4. Have the facilitator start by saying “Hi, my name is ____ and I’m feeling ____”
5. Pass the ball of yarn to another student in the circle while continuing to hold on to the end of the string.
6. Continue passing yarn until everyone is connected.
7. You can continue the game using prompts like “I feel sad when ____”, “I feel ____ when a friend does ____”
8. Conclude the game by showing how interconnected the web has become.
Begin by having the group sit in a circle. Explain that the object of the game is to create a web that connects the entire group by passing the ball of yarn to each member of the circle. Make sure the group understands that each person may only receive the yarn one time. Explain that, before passing the yarn to the next person, the facilitator should introduce his or herself and briefly explain how he or she is feeling. (i.e. “Hi, my name is Jen and I’m feeling happy!”) The facilitator should than hold a piece of the yarn and pass the ball to another member of the circle. (i.e. “Here you go, Emily…”) This process continues until everyone in the group has received the ball of yarn. The last person to be passed the ball of yarn should pass the ball back to the facilitator. The facilitator can then direct the group’s attention to the web they have created, explaining how everyone is connected. The facilitator can pull on the string in order to demonstrate the ripple effect the tension causes.
How did it feel to express your feelings in front of the group?
What are some ways to make people feel comfortable when they share their feelings?
How does it feel to know that everyone is connected?
rief Questions? *
Did you expect everyone to be feeling how they were feeling?
Was it hard to answer any questions?
Did you always know what feeling you were feeling? If you didn’t how did you describe