Summary: A variation on tag where players must help each other out in order to get un-tagged.
- Explain that the playing area is the ocean, and all the players are clams. The game is played like regular tag with one person being “it.”
- When players are tagged, they are “stuck in the mud”. They must wave their arms in the air and ask for help. Two other players can free another by standing on either side of the stuck person, linking hands, and saying “Claaaam Free!”.
- How did it feel to help someone?
- How did it feel to be helped?
- Why was it important to speak up in this game?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: High
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)