Summary: Players try to get as much candy as possible by arm wrestling each other.
- Candy (make sure you have permission from the school to hand out candy)
- Instead of candy, you may use a different prize like stickers.
- Pair up players. Try to pair up students with similar strength.
- Explain that each pair will arm wrestle for 30 seconds. Each pair will receive one piece of candy per arm pin.
- Make clear that there is no talking during the arm wrestle.
- Start the clock! The goal is for players to figure out that they should let each other lose so they can maximize the amount of candy they get.
- Hand out candy and then debrief.
- Did anyone figure out the “trick”? What was the best way to get the most candy?
- Was it hard to work together without talking?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: Medium
Grade Level: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9), Small (2-4), Pairs