Summary: A variation on tag that is very popular with students!
- Optional: Set up the game by telling a story about blobs invading Earth. Explain that one of these blobs has landed at the school.
- Choose one person to be “it,” or the blob. If “it” tags a player, then the player becomes part of the blob (i.e. hold hands with “it”).
- The game continues so every time a player is tagged, the blob becomes bigger and bigger.
- The game ends when everyone becomes part of the blob.
- Was it harder to tag players when the blob was smaller or bigger?
- How did it feel to be part of the blob? How did it feel to not be part of the blob?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: High
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+)