Summary: Students work with a partner or a group to write a song about the week’s theme.
- Writing utensils
- Fake microphone
- Explain the theme to the students.
- Assign partners or groups. Have them write a song, rap, or chant about the theme and how it makes the world more peaceful.
- Have the students share and perform!
- Have groups make a dance too!
- Was it easy to see how the theme connected to peace?
- How did you like working with your peers?
- Did you use a beat from another song that you know?
- Did you learn anything new about the theme from your peers?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: Low, Medium
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9), Small (2-4), Pairs