Summary: Fun and easy variation on tag, similar to freeze tag.
- Choose one person (or a few people) to be “it.”
- The game begins like normal tag, but when someone is tagged, they must stand where they were tagged and hold their hands above their head (like a banana stem).
- In order to “free” a player who is tagged, two other players must come “peel the banana” by pulling down each arm.
- If all players are turned into bananas, then the person who is “it” wins.
- How did it feel to be saved after being tagged?
- Why is teamwork important in this game?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: High
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)