Summary: Help students learn more about their “footprint” and how they impact their environment.
- Different sized traceable circles
- Construction paper
- Writing utensils
- Have each student trace their foot, or have someone else trace it for them.
- As the facilitator, ask measurable questions. For example: How many showed do you take per week?
- Based on their answer, students will draw a circle the appropriate size using the tracing circles provided.
- After all questions are asked, students’ footprints should be full with circles representing different ways that they use resources.
- What circle was the biggest for you?
- How can you reduce this circle?
- Did you realize how many resources you use in your daily life?
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Messiness Level: Not so Messy