Summary: Take a trip outside and find supplies for your next craft.
- Rocks (collected outside)
- Paint, brushes, and something to pour the paint onto/into
- Newspaper (to keep clean)
- Googly eyes
- Other crafty materials like stickers, glue, glitter, markers, feathers, etc.
- Take a trip outside with your students. Ask them to pick a rock (or multiple) to decorate. They can also pick up leaves, twigs, etc. if they want to use those as decorating materials.
- Go back inside and set up paints and craft supplies.
- Instruct students to decorate their rocks with the supplies provided.
- Do you always have to buy things in order to do crafts or have fun?
- What other crafts could you do using things you can find outdoors?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st
Activity Length: Long (>30 minutes)
Messiness Level: Very Messy