Summary: Students can decorate their own pieces and then come together to make a complete puzzle.
- Cut-out puzzle pieces (prepared by Imagineers)
- Coloring supplies
- Decorations for puzzle pieces (feathers, glitter, sequins, etc.)
- Most puzzle piece templates feature one generic piece that can fit with itself. Consider if, instead, you want to utilize a puzzle piece template that makes a complete puzzle.
- Hand out puzzle pieces to the students and have them decorate their own. If you want, you can introduce a theme for the puzzle pieces.
- Make sure you have a proper number of puzzle pieces to make a full puzzle. If necessary, have volunteers make extras.
- Put the puzzle together so the kids can see the finished product.
- How did you feel when the finished puzzle was put together?
- Besides your own, which pieces of the puzzle did you like? Why?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Messiness Level: Sort of Messy
Activity Length: Long (30+ minutes)