Summary: Peace Plates are paper plates that Imagineers have applied tape to in the shape of a peace sign. Have the children color on and around the tape, then peel it off to reveal the peace sign within their artwork.
- Plates (prepared by Imagineers)
- Colored pencils, markers, or crayons
- Hand out the plates to the kids and explain to them what will happen when the tape is removed.
- Allow the kids to color to their satisfaction.
- Send volunteers around the classroom to assist with tape removal.
- What does it mean to be “peaceful”?
- Why is peace important?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Messiness Level: Not so Messy
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)