Summary: Students can write messages in their own fortune cookies for each other.
- Circles of colored/patterned paper and small paper slips to write message on; size depends on your students’ ages/handwriting (prepared by Imagineers)
- Glue gun/strong glue
- Writing utensils
- Printed-out fortune cookie assembly instructions (optional)
- Pass out strips of paper and have each student write a message or compliment that you would give/you would want to receive.
- Pass out paper circles and assemble the fortune cookies with glue and the help of a volunteer.
- Mix all the fortune cookies in a bowl.
- Have everyone pick a fortune and read it out loud! Alternatively, you could have each student write a message to mom/teacher/etc. (can be altered for different themes)
- Did you expect this compliment?
- How did receiving this compliment make you feel? (especially if you weren’t expecting it)
- How did giving a compliment make you feel?
Grade Level: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Messiness Level: Sort of Messy
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)