Summary: Incorporate crafts and games into one with a paper airplane competition.
- Coloring supplies
- Printed-out instructions (optional)
- Hand out pieces of paper to everyone. Students can have multiple pieces if they want to make multiple “models.”
- Hand out decorating supplies and have students make and decorate their planes. For younger students, consider printing out instructions to guide their airplane making process.
- Once everyone is done decorating, allow time for kids to practice and perfect their designs.
- Try having a paper airplane competition to see who can throw their plane the farthest.
- Did you try to improve your plane? Did your improvements work?
- Did you like any of your classmates’ designs? What did you like about them?
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Messiness Level: Not so Messy
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)