Summary: Use a heat gun and jolly ranchers to make fun lollipops!
- Heat gun
- Heat gloves
- Lollipop molds
- Jolly Ranchers
- Baking tray
- Lollipop sticks
- Small plastic bags
- Twist ties
- Bowl of cold water
- Make sure the molds have been washed before beginning. Have a few children at a time choose 2 jolly ranchers that they want for their lollipop. It can be two of the same or different flavors.
- Unwrap the candy and put the jolly ranchers in the mold so they fit as much as possible. By putting them tightly in the mold, there will be less spillage.
- Use the heat gun on the low setting and hold it over the mold to melt the jolly ranchers (not too close or it will spray out).
- Once the jolly ranchers are completely melted, turn off the gun and add the lollipop stick into the mold.
- Let them cool for at least 7 minutes, although it will most likely take longer to cool completely. If possible, dip the molds into a bowl of cold water to speed up the cooling process.
- Put the lollipop in the plastic bag and use a twist tie to secure it.
- What is a “mold”? Do people fit into molds?
- Is it okay to go outside of your mold?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Messiness Level: Sort of Messy
Activity Length: Long (>30 minutes)