Summary: Re-purpose old newspapers and magazines through this fun craft.
- Old newspapers, magazines, pictures, stickers, etc.
- Construction paper
- Glue or tape
- Distribute supplies.
- Explain that you will be re-using materials that are typically considered “trash” to create some artwork.
- Allow time for kids to cut out pictures/shapes and glue it onto a piece of construction paper.
- Let everyone share their creations!
- You can take this craft either from the angle of sustainability (reusing materials), or you can fit to any theme by asking people to design their collage based on what the theme means to them.
- (General angle) What does the theme mean to you? How does your collage reflect that?
- (Our Planet angle) What are some other pieces of trash that you could reuse and create something new?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Activity Length: Long (>30 minutes)
Messiness Level: Very Messy