Summary: Have the kids make bird feeders to take home.
- Toilet paper or paper towel rolls
- Peanut butter
- Bird seed
- Hold punchers
- Plastic knifes
- Sticks (optional)
- Table protector
- Hole punch around the roll for string to be tied on later.
- Using the plastic knife, spread the peanut butter onto the toilet paper roll. Be sure to check that the peanut butter isn’t gobbed onto the roll because it will drip off in the heat. You want a nice layer of peanut butter smoothed out over the toilet roll.
- Finally, spread some birdseed onto the plate. Take the toilet paper roll covered in peanut butter and roll it on the plate, attaching the birdseed to the roll.
- Thread the string through the holes.
- Hang it outside!
- How did doing this craft make you feel?
- Will this help our planet?
- Is it important to protect animals?
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Messiness Level: Very Messy