Summary: Everyone is on the same team as players try to get from one side of the court to the other.
- Beach ball, or balloon for younger groups
- Net, or something to divide the playing area into two sides (i.e. masking tape)
- The whole team starts on one side of the court with no one on the other side. The object is to get your team to the other side and back as many times as possible.
- Start by having one player volley the ball to another player. The first player must then move to the other side of the court.
- The second player should immediately volley the ball to another player on the same side. After each player touches the ball, the must move to the other side.
- The last player to touch the ball should volley it to the other side. The receiving players should keep the ball in play and repeat the process.
- Continue until the ball is out of play or until everyone has made it to the other side and back!
- What did the team need to do in order to be successful and keep the ball in play?
- How did it feel to accomplish a big goal as a team?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: High
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)