Summary: Students pretend to be statues that have come to life at night, but they have to try not to be seen by the security guard.
- Choose one player to be the “security guard.” Have them leave the room while the other players get a chance to set-up.
- Explain that everyone else is a statue in a museum that comes to life at night. Give a couple minutes for players to spread out around the room and choose their pose.
- Tell players that they can only move if the security guard is not looking at them. If the security guard catches them moving, then they’re out for the rest of the round.
- Once the players are ready, bring the security guard back into the room. Have them walk around and see how many statues they can catch before the time runs out or until there’s only one statue left.
- What is the key to not being caught in this game?
- What what the hardest part of the game for you?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes
Energy Level: Low
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)