Summary: Go bowling using empty water bottles and a ball.
- Empty plastic bottles
- Sand/rice/etc. for weights
- Arrange bottles in a shape of your choice. Fill the bottles with weights if you want to make the game harder.
- Have students take turns “bowling” with a ball.
- Try to make the game interesting by including different twists:
- Try different shape arrangements.
- You have to bowl between your legs or facing backwards.
- Introduce a challenge, like knocking down only one pin.
- Did you notice we used recycled materials? What other games or crafts could we play using these materials?
- Did you like playing as a team or on your own? Are some things done better in a team or better by yourself?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9), Small (2-4), Pairs
Energy Level: Medium