Summary: A high-energy tag variation that focuses on teamwork and self-awareness.
- Divide the group into two teams. Designate one team to be “heads” and the other to be “tails.” The heads place one hands on their heads, and the tails place one hand on their hips.
- Explain that everyone is “it” and everyone can be tagged. When two heads tag a tail at the same time, that player becomes a head. Similarly, when two tails tag a head, that player becomes a tail.
- The game ends when everyone is a head or everyone is a tail.
- Was it hard to tag people? What made it hard and why?
- How did it feel when you got tagged and had to change teams?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: High
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+)