Summary: A cooperative game that gives players the chance to think creatively.
- A small ball, like a tennis ball or wiffle ball
- Have the group stand in a circle with their hands behind their backs.
- Explain that the ball must be passed all the way around the circle without anyone using their hands.
- Before you begin, have the group brainstorm ways to do this. Examples include holding it under their chins, between their head and shoulder, or using their feet.
- Once everyone agrees on a method, pick a person to start and begin the relay.
- Play a few rounds and try to beat your time, or try a new method of passing the object around.
- Which techniques worked and which ones didn’t?
- How did it feel when the group was able to get the ball around successfully?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: Medium
Grade Level: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)