Summary: Teams work together to make themselves into a shape, letter, or number using their bodies.
- Index cards with letters, numbers, or shapes (optional)
- Begin by splitting the group into teams of equal size. Depending on the amount of space available, the teams can either compete against each other or take turns watching. Identify a stage area if the teams are taking turns.
- Explain that you are going to be giving the teams a number, letter, or shape. Explain that the objective of the game is for the teams to work together to create their assigned number, letter, or shape using their bodies. All members of each team must be a part of the shape.
- Try to start with easier shapes, and then introduce more difficult shapes as the teams get better at communicating.
- How did you feel when you worked with others to create the shape that you made?
- Is this game more fun to play with a team or as an individual? What other things are more fun when working as a team?
- Was there a leader in the group? How was the task divided among the team members?
- Were there any conflicts in the team? what was the hardest part of the game?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Energy Level: Medium
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)