Summary: A fun, mythical combination of rock, paper, scissors and tag.
- This game requires a large space. Make sure you have enough space cleared before playing.
- First, teach players the following roles.
- Giant: standing on tip-toes, raising hands above hand, and growling
- Wizard: point and waving a wand, and shouting “Kazam!”
- Elf: hands cupped behind ears
- Make sure players know the roles well. Encourage dramatic and enthusiastic portrayals!
- Form two teams and have them gather at opposite ends of the space. At each end, establish the boundaries for a “home base.”
- At the beginning of each round, both teams should decide on which role they want to play. Once decided, have the teams line up and face each other in the middle. There should be ~5 feet of space in between them.
- On the count of 3, teams should adopt the pose of their role, revealing which one they chose to be. Immediately, the team in the winning role should try to chase and tag the other players before they get back to their home base.
- Giant wins by squishing the elf
- Elf wins by outwitting the wizard
- Wizard wins by zapping the giant
- If both teams play the same role, then the round ends in a draw.
- If tagged, a player must switch to the other team.
- Continue playing rounds until one team has completely captured the other!
- How did it feel when your team gained more members?
- How did it feel when you had to switch teams?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: High
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+)