Summary: A medium energy game that allows students to explore their emotions through dance.
- Age-appropriate music
- Before starting, make sure there is enough space for students to move around.
- Explain that you will name a feeling, and the students should dance in a way that shows that feeling.
- Start by playing music and having everyone walk around.
- Call out a feeling: “Dance like you’re _______!” Allow students enough time to figure out their dances before instructing them to walk again.
- Repeat with different feelings, or allow students to call out their own feelings.
- Which feelings were the hardest to dance to?
- Were there any feelings where you and your classmates had the same dance?
- Why is it important to understand your feelings?
- Were some feelings easier than others to show?
- Did the music match the feeling? What was it like when they didn’t match?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: Medium
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)