Summary: This is a great game to get people moving, think creatively, and find new things that people have in common.
- Begin by telling players to get into groups of three. Tell them they have two minutes to find five things that they all have in common. You could make it harder by ruling out obvious things like clothing, gender, skin color, etc).
- After two minutes have passed, have each group find another group to combine with. Each original group should share their commonalities.
- Give the newly combined group two more minutes to find three things that everyone has in common. These new commonalities must be things that neither group shared from the first round.
- Repeat this until the entire group has merged together. As a whole group, everyone should search for at least one thing that they all have in common.
- Did it get harder to find things in common?
- Did you like learning new things about other people?
- Did you learn anything that surprised you?
- How did it feel to have something in common with other people?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: Low
Grade Level: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)