Description: A loud game that involves the ability to pay attention and to keep a beat.
- Everyone stands in a circle. It will help to demonstrate this game before officially playing.
- Everyone in the circle will keep a steady beat at all times by patting their thighs. While you are doing this, you should say “Hoo” on one pat and “Ha” on the next pat. Repeat so that the whole circle is chanting “Hoo, Ha, Hoo, Ha…”
- While the group is chanting, one player will start the game by saying “bunny, bunny, bunny, bunny” to the beat of the chant. During the first two “bunny’s”, the player will point at themselves. For the second two “bunny’s” they will point and make eye contact with another player in the circle. This will “pass” the bunny to that player.
- Without missing a beat, that player will repeat the “bunny, bunny, bunny, bunny” process. Continuing passing the bunny, all without missing a beat.
- While a player is saying “bunny, bunny, bunny, bunny,” the two players to their left and right will try create a distraction by waving their hands around the player and saying “tooky, tooky, tooky, tooky” to the beat.
- Players are eliminated if:
- They aren’t paying attention and miss when the bunny is passed to them.
- They are off beat from the chant.
- They aren’t paying attention and forget to say “tooky” when the player next to them has the bunny.
- Continue until time is up or until you have a winner!
- Was this game easy or hard for you? Why?
- Why was it important to pay attention in this game?
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Energy Level: Medium
Group Size: Large (10+)