Summary: Come up with different dance moves starting with each letter of the alphabet.
- Cards, each with one alphabet letter
- Write all of the letters of the alphabet on different cards. Consider leaving out some of the harder letters.
- Put the cards in a bag and have students pick one at random.
- Each student must come up with and share a dance move that starts with the letter that they chose.
- Everyone in the class copies the move.
- Were you nervous to come up with a move and share it? Why?
- Would it be easier if you could talk and collaborate with other people on your dance move?
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)
Energy Level: Medium