Summary: Truffula Trees are whimsical and colorful trees found in the book The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. Each child receives a leaf to write down their idea about what they can do that helps the environment. Then, the leaves are combined to make the Truffula trees.
- Paper tree trunk
- Writing and coloring supplies
- Tape or glue
- Have the imagineers workshop prepare a whimsical trunk and tufts to represent the top of the tree.
- Read The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, emphasizing the environmental message in the book.
- Afterwards, each student receives a leaf to write down their idea about what they can do to help the environment.
- Adhere the leaves to the top of the trees, making the Truffula trees from the book.
- What can you do to help the environment?
- How can you get your friends to participate?
- What would you say to someone who throws trash on the ground?
- Why is taking care of the environment important?
- How can you be more environmentally friendly in your classroom?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Activity Length: Long (>30 minutes)
Messiness Level: Not so Messy