Summary: This craft can be altered to fit any theme depending what goes on the “leaves.”
- Brown tree trunk shape (prepared by Imagineers)
- Construction paper hand shapes (prepared by Imagineers)
- Coloring supplies
- Decorating supplies (sequins, stickers, glitter, etc.)
- Glue, tape, or staples
- For younger students, use pre-cut hands. For older students, consider allowing them to trace and cut out their own hands.
- Have students decorate their hands. If you want, introduce a specific theme for how the hands should be decorated.
- Help students to attach their hands to the tree trunk.
- What did you draw on your hand and why?
- What would have happened if only one person had done this activity?
- Why is it important to work together?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Messiness Level: Sort of Messy
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)