Summary: Use old plastic bottle to create tiny planters, and teach your kids about the importance of recycling and maintaining plant life.
- Old water bottles, or other recycled containers
- Potting soil
- Materials to decorate
- Take a plastic bottle and cut a medium sized window on the side.
- Fill the bottom of the bottle with potting soil.
- Place seeds in the soil, about one inch down.
- Decorate your new planter.
- Why is it important to recycle?
- What would have happened to this water bottle if it hadn’t been reused or recycled?
- Why is it important to protect plant life?
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & Up
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)
Messiness Level: Very Messy