Summary: Using plastic egg shells, rice, spoons, and washi tape, kids can make their own maracas.
- Plastic eggs
- Washi tape
- Music speaker (optional)
- Open the plastic egg and pour dry rice into it. Close it and make sure it is properly secured shut.
- Place the egg between two plastic spoons and tape the plastic spoons onto egg.
- Gather kids and shake the eggs to make music together. Consider playing some music to shake along to.
- How did it feel playing your very own instrument?
- How did you feel making music with other people?
- Do you feel closer with the people around you?
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Messiness Level: Sort of Messy
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)