Summary: Use cut-out hands to talk about role models and the important of helping others.
- Writing and coloring utensils
- Tape or glue
- Big paper cut-out of the world (prepared by Imagineers)
- Misc. decoration supplies (optional)
- Help students to trace their hands on paper and cut them out.
- Allow time for students to decorate their hands while discussing different people in their lives who have helped them with something in the past.
- Once the hands are finished, attach them around the outside of the world. Reflect on why helping others is important to create a peaceful world.
- Name a person who has helped you with something. What did they do? Did they have to help you? How did it make you feel when they helped you?
- What would happen if no one ever helped anybody? Why is it important to help your friends?
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Messiness Level: Sort of Messy
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)