- Coloring utensils
- Coloring pages created from one image (prepared by Imagineers)
- Find a fun coloring page and divide it into a grid so that each section of the picture is printed onto its own sheet of paper.
- Randomly hand out pieces and have the children color them.
- After they are colored, tape them together to create one big picture.
- “Ecosystem jigsaw” – Everyone gets a piece of an ecosystem to color-in. Once everyone’s finished with their piece, put it all together onto a larger poster and see how an ecosystem comes together with all its parts. Debrief by asking if the ecosystem would still work if one of the parts was missing.
- How does it look all together?
- Did you like how everyone was able to contribute?
- What did you think it was as you were coloring your piece? Did you know what it was going to be?
- How can we come together in other ways?
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Messiness Level: Not so Messy
Activity Length: Medium (15-30 minutes)