Author: Phillip and Hannah Hoose
Grades: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Synopsis: What would you do if the ant you were about to step on looked up and started talking? Would you stop and listen? What if your friends saw you hesitate? That’s what happens in this funny, thought-provoking book. Originally a song by a father-daughter team, this conversation between two creatures, large and small, is bound to inspire important discussions. It might even answer that classic childhood question: To squish or not to squish?
- In what ways were the ant and the boy different? In what ways were they similar?
- Do you think the ant was just as important as the boy?
- Why is it important to see things from different perspectives?
- Did the ant speak up for itself? What did it say?
- Do you think the boy should squish the ant?