Summary: A medium-energy game that introduces group members to each other while practicing coordination.
- Have the group stand in a circle.
- One of the players starts with a ball and tosses it underhand to another player in the circle. As they toss the ball, they should say, “Here you go, _______.” When the ball is caught, the receiving player should say “Thanks, _______.”
- After a player catches the ball, they should put their arms behind their back so that everyone gets a turn.
- After everyone has had a turn, you can repeat the game, adding more balls to increase the involvement and difficulty.
- Was it hard to keep track of so many balls at the same time?
- How did you/would you feel if you dropped the ball?
Activity Length: Short (<15 minutes)
Energy Level: Medium
Grade Level: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
Group Size: Large (10+), Medium (5-9)